ticket#25375 couchdb (rookie here)

Jeff Singleton gvibe06 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 10:50:46 PDT 2010

I think the overwhelming response will be...stretch, crack yer knuckles, and
dive right in.   I'm not a dev, but have submitted my share of bugs to trac.
 Most end up hitting that dreaded duplicate issue, despite my searching.  I
rarely can contribute code fixes, but sometimes can suggest work arounds.

Personally, I welcome anyone willing to take on the task of port
maintaining.  Picking those that are most interesting to you means that the
quality will probably be enhanced...and if there are dependencies to that
chosen port, maybe those will get some fixes too.

Good luck ... and Thank-you!

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Daniel Terreros
<daniel.terreros at gmail.com>wrote:

> Yo,
>
> So I'm the dude that submitted ticket #25375 and it appears that it may be
> a duplicate(not ready to admit to that just yet :). The prevailing thought
> is that this patch needs to be applied and couchdb on macports will be back
> up and running again.
>
> So I ask
>

> How can I help? What should I do? I'd be happy to do it. I'm looking to
> contribute back to the community that has made my venture into development
> so easy, and couchdb is my favorite. How can I take the couchdb source .12
> (or the patched version) and get it to macports ? I read the dev section of
> the manual, so I just follow that step by step? I'm all for getting my hands
> dirty to learn.
>
> Good times and thanks in advance
>
> Danny

Your HTML signature here