Using Macports With Already Installed Python

Thomas Markovich thomasmarkovich at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 19:55:55 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I currently have a 64 bit python installed exactly the way I need it. Well, I would absolutely love it with the ability to install the PIL (and have tried for the last 4 days, with no clear solution). However, when I tried to install the PIL from macports, and the associated python2.6, it worked perfectly. Therefore, I would like to mix the mac python with the macports PIL. I just can't figure out how to do this for the life of me. Is there a way?

Thomas