port dependents

Jonathan Stickel jjstickel at vcn.com
Wed Jun 30 06:47:57 PDT 2010

On 6/30/10 01:34 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Jun 29, 2010, at 14:50, Jonathan Stickel wrote:
>
>> The command "port dependents foo" is not working for me.  For any
>> port that has dependents, it returns that "foo depends on foo".
>> For example:
>>
>> $ port version Version: 1.9.1 $ port deps python26 Library
>> Dependencies: gettext, zlib, openssl, tk, sqlite3, db46, ncurses,
>> gdbm, bzip2, readline $ port dependents zlib zlib depends on zlib
>>
>> For ports that do not have dependents, the command correctly states
>> that there are no dependents.
>>
>> Any ideas what could be wrong with my macports
>> installation/configuration and how to fix it?
>
> Hmm, I don't see that problem on my system.
>
> I'm using the sqlite registry. Did you upgrade to that as well, or
> are you still using the old flat registry?

Yes, I converted over to the new sqlite registry.  The problem persists
for both ports that I have installed recently since the upgrade as well
as ports I installed previously.  When installing, upgrading, etc.,
dependencies are handled properly; only the output of 'port dependents'
is goofy.

Jonathan