port installation time

Bradley Giesbrecht brad at pixilla.com
Tue Mar 2 06:22:26 PST 2010

On Mar 2, 2010, at 4:05 AM, syed zubair wrote:

> I installed macports and then issued the command for verbose
> installation of
> geany 0.18 (devel).
> The process has not finished after over 7 hours and I have no idea
> how much
> longer it is going take.
> Is there something wrong or it is normal? Helpful comments requested.
> Greetings
Greetings Syed.

I have no experience with geany but some packages do take a long time
to compile. Looking at the geany port nothing jumps out at me like it
builds gnome or kde.

What hardware are you on?

Have you built geany before and did it take less time?

This is most likely normal and if there was an error you will get an
error message.

// Bradley Giesbrecht