Where to get kde4-l10n-german from?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Mar 2 19:11:47 PST 2010

On Mar 2, 2010, at 12:25, Nico Nachtigall wrote:

> Am 02.03.10 16:19, schrieb Ryan Schmidt:
>
>> No, you can't mix and match Fink and MacPorts. Use only one of these
>> package managers, and uninstall the other, or the will probably
>> interfere with one another.
>
> Only if I install X11-software from Fink into the same path as installed
> by Macports.

No, many software packages explicitly search for libraries in /opt/local and/or /sw, so if you use MacPorts and Fink together, some software may inadvertently link with packages installed by the wrong package manager. It is not supported (by the MacPorts team, anyway) to have both package managers installed at the same time.

> Nevertheless, why not providing localized packages for KDE? AFAIK those
> are noarch, so it shouldn't be that hard to make it work?! IMO there is
> an issue of using Knode on German or whatsoever newsgroups w/o German
> spell-check. I can try to compile them myself, however it would be way
> nicer to have 'em provided by Macports.

I recommend you file a port request ticket in the issue tracker and Cc the maintainers of the KDE ports.