Soprano build failure on SL

Julian Wilcox funkypuck at mac.com
Sat Mar 6 09:14:53 PST 2010

Hi

I'm a not-so-noo noob who hasn't the talent (honest!) nor time (a.k.a. organisation skills) to progress far with debugging problems, but I am very interested to make some headway where it is possible.  I've been trying to get KDE4 up and running but am having problems with Soprano, a required dependency.  I have KDE3.5 installed via MacPorts and I am really pleased with having a more configurable Desktop environment.  As I believe my issue is not a bug but an environmental issue peculiar to my set up, despite efforts to keep it in the default config, I hope it is OK to post the problem here.

Some environmental things first, just to be explicit:
OS: 		Snow Leopard 10.6.2

-r--r--r--   1 root  admin  5517  8 Feb 21:31 macports.conf
-r--r--r--   1 root  admin  5517  1 Jan 10:25 macports.conf.default

and
diff macports.conf macports.conf.default > ~/Desktop/diff.txt
gives a zero length file

So I believe I have the default settings in macports.conf,
in particular as I understand it I have the default macports build arch for SL as x86_64 with fallback to i386 dependent on CPU.
(I have an iMac24 with Core2 Duo with extensions up to SSSE3, and I try to build everything for x86_64 only).

I also have both the qt4.6.2 binary from Trolltech as well as the latest macports build of qt4-mac (as well as macports qt3), I am 99% sure all my builds have been with the default macports.conf.

I have quoted the above info as both subjects of architecture and qt seemed relevant but despite experimentation it didn't seem to make much difference.

Any help or advice would be very gratefully received

Thank you

Jules