trying to install slrn +ssl

LuKreme kremels at kreme.com
Sun Mar 7 04:41:28 PST 2010

On 7-Mar-2010, at 04:50, LuKreme wrote:

> Hmm. I downloaded the source code and it looks like it should compile.

I was able to run configure successfully (and then make install) with

./configure --with-ssl=/opt/local --with-slang=/opt/local

After making sure slang2 and openssl were both installed and active.

I have no idea how this would be used to update the ports package, but it seems it can't be that hard.

Hope this helps get the current slrn into ports.

--
(...) people didn't seem to be able to remember what it was like with the elves around. Life was certainly more interesting then, but usually because it was shorter. And it was more colourful, if you liked the colour of blood.  --Lords and Ladies