wine-devel install help

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Mar 9 20:13:05 PST 2010

On Mar 9, 2010, at 15:20, Eric Klisz wrote:

> Hi I don't know if this is the right mailing add, for support but, I seem to be having a little problem with installing wine-devel on my mac. I could get as far as Building wine-devel and then nothing but, error.

I just answered this question in a ticket filed yesterday:

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/23974

You need a newer Xcode than the version you installed from the Mac OS X CD or DVD. If you selfupdate and try again, the wine-devel port should even tell you this now rather than failing with that obscure error message.

You can download the newer version of Xcode from Apple Developer Connection.