ImageMagick

LuKreme kremels at kreme.com
Sun Mar 14 18:34:54 PDT 2010

I've been trying to get ImageMagick compiled and installed on my Mac Pro for several days now.

Each time I try, I hit some roadblock where I have to manually install some package that can't be installed with +universal.  Now, I think I'm finally well and truly stuck

bash-3.2# sudo port install ImageMagick +gs+hdri+jpeg2+universal+wmf+no_x11+mpeg
--->  Computing dependencies for ImageMagick
--->  Configuring ImageMagick
Error: You cannot install ImageMagick for the architecture(s) x86_64 i386 because
Error: its dependency ghostscript only contains the architecture(s) x86_64.
Error:
Error: Try rebuilding ghostscript (and all its dependencies) with
Error: the +universal variant by running
Error:
Error:     sudo port upgrade --enforce-variants ghostscript +universal
Error:
Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: incompatible architectures in dependencies
Before reporting a bug, first run the command again with the -d flag to get complete output.

OK, so I try to the suggested command

bash-3.2# sudo port upgrade --enforce-variants ghostscript +universal

A short delay, no output, and then a prompt. So I check what is installed

bash-3.2# port installed ghostscript
  ghostscript @8.71_1+no_x11 (active)

--
'I'm not a thief, madam. But if I were, I would be the kind that steals fire
from the gods.' 'We've already got fire.' 'There must be an upgrade by now.'