configuring munin-node

MidnightLightning boydb at midnightdesign.ws
Tue Mar 16 20:34:57 PDT 2010

Reposting, since I had some issues signing up for the mailing list, and not
sure this came through the first time; sorry if you get this twice!

So, I'm trying to add my Mac running OS 10.4 as a munin node, connecting to
my home webserver (a Gentoo Linux box), and can't seem to get the plugins to
work right on the mac, and finding very little documentation on the web for
this implementation through MacPorts.

I ran "sudo port install munin" to install just the node version, and indeed
if I now run the command "telnet localhost 4949", I get a munin node prompt.
However issuing a "list" command at that prompt gives nothing (no plugins
defined).

I have made symbolic links to the "munin_*" plugins in
/opt/local/lib/munin/plugins, pointing to /opt/local/etc/munin/plugins/. I
also added the SNMP plugins to that directory, renaming snmp__load to
snmp_localhost_load, but I get errors that it can't find the SNMP library,
which I installed from MacPorts as well.

Anyone able to help me get this up and running?