Apache, MySQL an PHP compatibility with OS X Server 10.6.2

René Fournier m5 at renefournier.com
Thu Mar 18 11:36:43 PDT 2010

Hi,

I am in the process of installing Xcode 3.2.1 and MacPorts with the intention of updating the built-in verisons of Apache, PHP, and MySQL to versions 2.2.14, 5.3.2 and 5.1.44 respectively.

Since I've never used MacPorts before, I'm wondering how compatible it is with OSX Server -- that is, the locations of some of this software is different for OS X Client and Server. Also, I wonder if I will still be able to use Server Admin to manage Web and MySQL, or will I have to do everything from Terminal (which I don't mind, actually). Has anyone got any advice on the best way to proceed?

Thanks!

...Rene