qt4-mac 4.6.2_1 fails to build on G4 PPC

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Mar 20 11:12:52 PDT 2010

On Mar 20, 2010, at 10:52, Kastus Shchuka wrote:

> I noticed the update to qt4-mac available
>
> qt4-mac                        4.6.2_0 < 4.6.2_1
>
> and tried to upgrade the port. The attempt ended in these errors:
>
> bindings/js/JSEventListener.cpp: In member function 'virtual void WebCore::JSEventListener::handleEvent(WebCore::ScriptExecutionContext*, WebCore::Event*)':
> bindings/js/JSEventListener.cpp:118: error: invalid use of undefined type 'struct WebCore::Event'
> dom/EventListener.h:35: error: forward declaration of 'struct WebCore::Event'
> bindings/js/JSEventListener.cpp:126: error: invalid use of undefined type 'struct WebCore::Event'
> dom/EventListener.h:35: error: forward declaration of 'struct WebCore::Event'
> bindings/js/JSEventListener.cpp:127: error: invalid use of undefined type 'struct WebCore::Event'
> dom/EventListener.h:35: error: forward declaration of 'struct WebCore::Event'
> bindings/js/JSEventListener.cpp:131: error: invalid use of undefined type 'struct WebCore::Event'
> dom/EventListener.h:35: error: forward declaration of 'struct WebCore::Event'
> make[2]: *** [obj/debug/JSEventListener.o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [debug-all] Error 2
> make: *** [sub-webkit-make_default-ordered] Error 2
>
> Tried to search trac but did not find anything similar.
>
> I am using OS 10.5.8 on a 1.33GHz PPC iBook. Not sure if the problem is platform related.
>
> Is it something worth creating a ticket in trac or some sort of user error on my side?

This looks a lot like (though slightly different from):

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/23282

It was our understanding that this problem was caused by having libevent installed and active while trying to build qt4-mac. Therefore, qt4-mac was marked as conflicting with libevent, which should cause MacPorts to print an error message preventing you from installing qt4-mac until you have first deactivated or uninstalled libevent.

Do you have libevent installed by MacPorts, or perhaps by some other means? If not, we have to reevaluate our earlier conclusion.