zlib woes

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Mar 20 17:50:27 PDT 2010

On Mar 20, 2010, at 13:37, guylinton wrote:

> I have been trying to update my build since 16 March.
>
> zlib was updated to fix the problems with many ports under
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/24067
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/24067  on 19 March 2010.
>
> Unfortunately, libproxy was updated from 0.3.0 to 0.4.0 on 17 March, and
> this now fails  http://trac.macports.org/ticket/24127 ticket 24127 .
>
> What is the usual average time for which a whole build works without error?
> On this evidence it is minus 2 days!

There is no such thing as a "whole build"; MacPorts is a collection of six-thousand-something individual ports. Individual ports are updated whenever someone feels like updating them. Individual ports may fail on certain OS or hardware configurations the maintainer did not test with. If so, bugs should be filed, investigated and fixed. etc.