Encountering error in upgrade of subversion

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Sun Mar 21 08:22:47 PDT 2010

On Mar 21, 2010, at 1:52 AM, Kok-Yong Tan wrote:
>  I noticed that despite it also making the same complaint about ruby being too outdated for subversion 1.6.5 to use, the build had continued until it crapped out about an hour later instead of acknowledging the critical dependency on ruby versions and just stopping at that point so it would be obvious what the issue was.

Do you happen to have that build output? If there's a bug in the subversion port, I'd like to fix it :)

I don't think having an old ruby should prevent subversion from installing, though.

> I discovered that if I manually built the latest version of ruby and then went back to do a deactivate, clean and install, subversion 1.6.5 built and installed without problems.  FYI.

FYI, you probably don't want to mix installing things yourself in /usr/local and using macports. I would recommend that you remove your self-installed ruby and make use of the macports ruby port.

--
Daniel J. Luke