Installing outside of /opt

LuKreme kremels at kreme.com
Wed Mar 24 13:53:46 PDT 2010

On 24-Mar-2010, at 12:55, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> You are talking about the slrn and uudeview ports in MacPorts, or
> about building these from source by hand? If the former, file bugs
> if they don't work. If the latter, why not use the ports?

The port for slrn is years out of date, so I am building it from
source. I wanted to build against the uudeview that was already
installed. The port maintainer for slrn has not responded (I've been
told) to emails about updating slrn in the ports tree.

> To build software manually against dependencies already installed by
> MacPorts, you may have to set CFLAGS, CPPFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, and
> LDFLAGS like MacPorts does (see all the variables MacPorts sets in
> the configure phase by using debug output: sudo port -d configure
> someport). Or, you can try C_INCLUDE_PATH and LIBRARY_PATH instead.

I build slrn originally with

./configure  --with-ssl=/opt/local --with-slang=/opt/local

Which worked. However I realised later that this built it without
uudeview, so I tried to rebuild it with:

./configure  --with-ssl=/opt/local --with-slang=/opt/local --with-
uudeview=/opt/local

but that does not work

--
The world is made of four elements: Earth, Air, Fire and Water.  This
is a fact