python setuptools/distribute in macports

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Mon Mar 29 13:35:19 PDT 2010

On 2010-3-30 07:07 , Alan Franzoni wrote:
> Have you thought anything about just keeping setuptools for 2.6 and
> forcing a switch to distribute with python 2.7 / 3.x?

Yes. I believe last time this was discussed was right after distribute
was introduced, and we were going to wait and see if "everyone else"
decided to use it. It looks like that has happened, so we should
probably just switch all the dependencies to distribute and make
setuptools replaced_by distribute.

- Josh