launching gnome fails

Pau vim.unix at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 31 09:20:15 PDT 2010

I think I know what the problem is:

gnome-desktop-suite gnome-platform-suite gnome-bindings-suite
Password:
--->  Computing dependencies for gnome-desktop-suite
--->  Configuring libgweather
Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure:
shell command " cd
"/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_net_libgweather/work/libgweather-2.26.2.1"
&& ./configure --prefix=/opt/local --disable-schemas-install
--disable-glibtest --enable-python " returned error 1
Command output: checking for libintl.h... yes
checking for ngettext in libc... no
checking for bindtextdomain in -lintl... yes
checking for ngettext in -lintl... yes
checking for dgettext in -lintl... yes
checking for bind_textdomain_codeset... yes
checking for msgfmt... (cached) /opt/local/bin/msgfmt
checking for dcgettext... yes
checking if msgfmt accepts -c... yes
checking for gmsgfmt... (cached) /opt/local/bin/msgfmt
checking for xgettext... (cached) /opt/local/bin/xgettext
checking for regexec... yes
checking for struct tm.tm_gmtoff... yes
checking for _NL_MEASUREMENT_MEASUREMENT... no
checking for python version... 2.6
checking for python platform... darwin
checking for python script directory... ${prefix}/lib/python2.6/site-packages
checking for python extension module directory...
${exec_prefix}/lib/python2.6/site-packages
checking for headers required to compile python extensions... found
checking for PYGOBJECT... configure: error: Package requirements
(pygobject-2.0) were not met:

No package 'pygobject-2.0' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables PYGOBJECT_CFLAGS
and PYGOBJECT_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

Error: The following dependencies failed to build: bug-buddy
evolution-data-server libgweather libical gnome-desktop python25
libelf libgtop dasher at-spi libwnck xorg-libXres xorg-resourceproto
empathy enchant aspell texinfo lzmautils hunspell gnome-panel librsvg
libcroco libgsf gst-plugins-bad XviD dirac cppunit exempi faac mp4v2
faad2 gst-plugins-base liboil libtheora jack libsndfile flac libdca
libexif libmms libmodplug libmpcdec neon schroedinger soundtouch
gst-plugins-good aalib libcaca libcdio libcddb libdv libshout2 speex
taglib wavpack py25-gtk py25-cairo py25-numpy py25-nose
py25-setuptools py25-gobject telepathy-farsight farsight2
gst-plugins-farsight libnice py25-gst-python telepathy-glib
telepathy-haze pidgin libao telepathy-mission-control libtelepathy eog
epiphany py25-gnome py25-orbit webkit-gtk icu evince libspectre
nautilus libunique poppler openjpeg poppler-data t1lib file-roller
gcalctool gconf-editor gdm libxklavier xorg-libxkbfile gedit
gtksourceview2 py25-pygtksourceview gnome-applets
gnome-settings-daemon libgnomekbd xmodmap gucharmap gnome-backgrounds
gnome-control-center gnome-games ggz-client-libs libggz
gnome-python-desktop gnome-media gtksourceview gnuregex libgnomeprint
libgnomecups libgnomeprintui totem-pl-parser guile libsdl_mixer libsdl
smpeg gnome-mag gnome-netstatus gnome-sharp2 gtk-sharp2 mono
libgdiplus gnome-speech gnome-system-monitor gtkmm cairomm libsigcxx2
glibmm pangomm gnome-terminal vte gnome-user-docs gnome-utils
libgail-gnome libgtkhtml3 liboobs system-tools-backends p5-net-dbus
p5-xml-twig seahorse gpgme gnupg libusb pth seahorse-plugins totem
gst-ffmpeg gmake gst-plugins-ugly a52dec lame libdvdread libdvdcss
libmad libmpeg2 xorg-libXv xorg-videoproto twolame x264 yasm
xorg-libXxf86vm xorg-xf86vidmodeproto vino yelp xulrunner
Before reporting a bug, first run the command again with the -d flag
to get complete output.

So I did it...

sudo port install -d gnome-desktop-suite gnome-platform-suite
gnome-bindings-suite
[...]

I installed everything in the default path.

Hints?

Pau