Re: GMP and MPFR fails

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon May 3 15:12:51 PDT 2010

On May 3, 2010, at 14:31, Vincent DIEMUNSCH wrote:

> I use MPFR (and therefore GMP) and when I updated them to the latest versions :
> - GMP : 5.0.1_0
> - MPFR : 2.4.2-p1_0
>
> I get completely crazy results, like sum of 1/n! for n in 0 .. 100 = 4.5... instead of 2.71828...
>
> I have update XCode to the latest version for SnowLeopard (32 bits).
> - OS : 10.6.3
> - XCode : 3.2.2
> - gcc by default : i686-apple-darwin10-gcc-4.2.1
>
> Note that gcc 4.3.4 is installed on MacPorts...

Ports in MacPorts shouldn't be using any extra compilers you may have installed (except for a few select ports that explicitly request to do so). Or did you "gcc_select" it by any chance? Some ports will then mistakenly use the compiler you gcc_selected instead of the default compiler.

> Could you help me ?

Have you tried running these ports' test suite?

sudo port -d test gmp

sudo port -d test mpfr

Do the test suites pass?