Gettext error prevents update

notbot anotbot at me.com
Sun May 9 04:06:56 PDT 2010

Hi

I am trying to update ports and no matter what I try I just get this error :

Computing dependencies for p5-locale-gettext
Configuring p5-locale-gettext
Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure: shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_perl_p5-locale-gettext/work/gettext-1.05" && /opt/local/bin/perl Makefile.PL INSTALLDIRS=vendor " returned error 2
Command output: checking for gettext... no
checking for gettext in -I/opt/local/include -arch x86_64 -L/opt/local/lib -lintl...gettext function not found. Please install libintl at Makefile.PL line 18.
no
Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1

I have tried updating MacPorts, but still get same error.

I am on 10.6.3

I would be grateful for any help.

Cheers

NotBot