uninstall help please

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue May 11 21:08:31 PDT 2010

On May 11, 2010, at 22:42, John B Brown wrote:

> 	After following my own advice and the directions, I find I have a serious problem. In compiling programs that use libintl, the linker looks for libintl in /opt/local/lib and there is no such tree on my system. After the uninstall process I wiped that entire /opt/local tree.
>
> 	How do I correct my system so the compiler no longer looks for anything under /opt/local?

Did you start trying to build this software when you had MacPorts installed? If so, it could be remembering those paths that it found back then. Try "make clean" to clear out that knowledge, then ./configure again.

If that's not it, please show us the command you used to try to compile your program and the output you got. Some environment variables that would cause it to look there would include CFLAGS or CPPFLAGS containing -I/opt/local/include, LDFLAGS containing -L/opt/local/lib, C_INCLUDE_PATH containing /opt/local/include, or LIBRARY_PATH containing /opt/local/lib. Perhaps you have some of those set in your environment. But even if you did, that should just influence where software searches for things, and if there's nothing there, then it wouldn't find or attempt to use it there.