Macports, Apache PATH evn?

Joel Taylor joel at griffintechnology.com
Fri May 14 16:11:27 PDT 2010

Hi, I need to update my Macports Apache PATH environment variable.

I've tried a ton of different ways for my system (OS X 10.6) .profile, /etc/profile, /etc/paths, /etc/paths.d/ etc etc
But nothing seems to path the new paths to Apache.

I'm testing with a PHP script like this:
$hey = shell_exec('echo $PATH'." 2>&1"); var_dump($hey); echo getenv('PATH');

And it's returning:  string '/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin
' (length=30)
Can someone help me add to my system (or apache) the PATH to Macports mysql, so I can use "shell_exec" in PHP?

Thank you!

JOEL A. TAYLOR
Web Developer  -  IT Department

Email: joel at griffintechnology.com
Phone:  615-399-7000 x 297
Web: http://griffintechnology.com

Griffin Technology
1930 Air Lane Drive
Nashville, TN 37210 USA

Notice:  The information contained in this message is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. This message is intended only for the designated recipient(s).  If you have received this message in error, delete immediately without reading, copying or forwarding to others. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited.