Fetch probs for latest portmidi and macports beta

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sat May 15 14:08:01 PDT 2010

On 2010-05-15 19:21 , Julian Wilcox wrote:
> portmidi won't upgrade for me from to 200_0 from 0.52_0...
> Macports pings 21 sites and then tries to fetch from each in turn getting a 404 error in every case... here's the downloads.sourceforge entries:
>
> :debug:fetch Pinging downloads.sourceforge.net...
> :debug:fetch downloads.sourceforge.net ping time is 120.453
> :msg:fetch --->  Attempting to fetch project.pbxproj.diff from http://downloads.sourceforge.net/portmedia
> :debug:fetch Fetching failed:: The requested URL returned error: 404

Looks like Josh forgot to commit project.pbxproj.diff in r67313.

> [...]
> Incidentally I have much the same problem trying to install the macports 1.9 beta with 'sudo port install macports'

The 1.9.0-beta1 distfiles are in a subdirectory testing/ as they do not
represent a finished release. Unfortunately it's not possible to specify
a subdirectory for fetching as the fetch group macports_distfiles uses
the :mirror tag for all URLs.

Rainer