Fetch probs for latest portmidi and macports beta

Julian Wilcox funkypuck at mac.com
Sat May 15 10:21:37 PDT 2010

Hi

portmidi won't upgrade for me from to 200_0 from 0.52_0...
Macports pings 21 sites and then tries to fetch from each in turn getting a 404 error in every case... here's the downloads.sourceforge entries:

:debug:fetch Pinging downloads.sourceforge.net...
:debug:fetch downloads.sourceforge.net ping time is 120.453
:msg:fetch --->  Attempting to fetch project.pbxproj.diff from http://downloads.sourceforge.net/portmedia
:debug:fetch Fetching failed:: The requested URL returned error: 404

the end message is
:error:fetch Target org.macports.fetch returned: fetch failed
:debug:fetch Backtrace: fetch failed
    while executing
"portfetch::fetchfiles"
    (procedure "portfetch::fetch_main" line 17)
    invoked from within
"$procedure $targetname"
:info:fetch Warning: the following items did not execute (for portmidi): org.macports.activate org.macports.fetch org.macports.checksum org.macports.extract org.macports.patch org.macports.configure org.macports.build org.macports.destroot org.macports.install
:notice:fetch Log for portmidi is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_audio_portmidi/main.log

port version is
Version: 1.8.99

Incidentally I have much the same problem trying to install the macports 1.9 beta with 'sudo port install macports'

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jules