Macports, Apache PATH evn?

Rob Krul robertkrul27 at gmail.com
Sat May 15 17:20:15 PDT 2010

On May 15, 2010, at 8:15 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
On May 15, 2010, at 19:05, Scott Haneda wrote

Previously it was said that you need to issue a full stop, and then a start to correctly reload/restart Apache.  Do you really need the start?  launchd should come along and start it back up again I believe.  If you really want to stop, then start, I think you would have to first unload the launchd item, stop Apache, start Apache, and then load back in the launchd item as a means to keep it up in the event of crashes or trouble.  Or I suppose you could unload the launchd item, stop Apache, and then load the lauchd item, which will in turn start Apache up for you.

> I think it is a mistake to try to use apachectl and launchctl together. Pick one method or the other for managing your apache processes, and don't use the other

That was me :D I was unaware he was using launchctl.

Sorry for the confusion. Been a long day.