libSVM

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue May 18 15:54:52 PDT 2010

On May 18, 2010, at 11:13, Bobby wrote:

> My concern about libsvm is that none of the linux commands are working on it (man, which, locate, etc). Does that mean that there's a problem?

It appears that libsvm doesn't install a manpage. "locate" only works if you've enabled the locate command (it's off by default on Mac OS X) and also the locate database only updates once a week. "which" should work right away, assuming you're typing the name of a program that's actually installed and is in your PATH, and notably, the libsvm port doesn't install a program called svm. "port contents libsvm" shows you what it does install.

> Also, I'm not sure what you mean about the PATH. Is this a variable that I need to change? I was just referring to which directories were created by the installer.

The MacPorts installer tries to set up the PATH for you, so it may already be set. "echo $PATH" would tell you: if it contains /opt/local/bin and /opt/local/sbin you're good to go.