libSVM

Bobby kalamazoo+macportsusers at gmail.com
Wed May 19 01:36:55 PDT 2010

Thanks, my PATH looks like this:

staff-roro-0:dports bobby$ echo $PATH
/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/texbin:/usr/X11/bin

The issue is that I'm trying to use libSVM inside a program called WEKA.
(also installed via macports). Both weka and libSVM appear to be installed
correctly, but the libSVM options inside WEKA are not working (they're
grayed out).

I've found several sets of instructions and followed them carefully (but no
luck).

One here:
http://libsvm.darwinports.com/

and one here:
http://weka.darwinports.com/

And another instruction set completely independent of macports, which also
did not work.
http://the-open-sauce.blogspot.com/2009/09/getting-libsvm-to-work-with-weka-mac-os.html

Do you know how I can get better assistance with this? I also haven't gotten
a reply from the WEKA developer.

Best Regards,
Bobby