After latest updates, Gramps crashes on startup - the problem seems to be with Platypus

Brandon Allbery allbery at kf8nh.com
Wed May 19 13:07:02 PDT 2010

On May 19, 2010, at 15:59 , David Rowe wrote:
> However, for convenience, I have been using a utility called
> Platypus that takes a shell script and wraps a minimal MacOS app
> around it so that you can run the script from the MacOS dock. See
> http://www.sveinbjorn.org/platypus.
> The script I used was simply:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> /opt/local/bin/gramps

This is going to run with the default PATH, not the one you have set
up for shells/Terminal windows.  You probably want to change the above
script to add /opt/local/bin to $PATH, since other programs launched
from the Dock or an icon may behave oddly if they start using
MacPorts' versions of programs instead of the system ones they use now.

system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at ece.cmu.edu