restore_ports.tcl

David Epstein David.Epstein at warwick.ac.uk
Mon May 24 23:00:40 PDT 2010

Having recently upgraded from MacOsX 10.4.11 to 10.5.8, and run into trouble
with updating my MacPorts installation, Ryan Schmidt kindly pointed me to
the web page
http://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration
This all worked fine, and the script restore_ports.tcl, available on that
page, worked without complaint.
Thank you everyone.

I did however wonder what was the reasoning behind leaving an apparently
random selection of the ports in an inactive state. The output from the
script shows that some ports are first activated and then, immediately
afterwards, deactivated.

David