kdkenlive fails to configure

Mark Szymanski mark6691 at att.net
Mon Nov 1 08:18:07 PDT 2010

Does anyone have an answer to why "Qt qmake not found!" error is preventing the
kdenlive install on Mac OS X 10.5.8. I have tried everything from installing
MacPorts using subversion, source, and currently the .dmg package after
cleaning, etc... . I have even tried to install using a local port but portindex
fails in parsing the Portfile created according to the directions found in the
MacPorts Guide section 4.6.

I will also mention that I have two successful installs on openSuSE Linux: one
on my primary PC at home, the other on a Dell D820 Latitude laptop. Both
machines run kdenlive like they own it. So what is so great about a Mac that it
won't install this software so that any user doesn't have to practically become
a hacker just to get to install and be able to run it? A pretty, pretty
interface just doesn't make up for functionality in the end, IMO.