kdkenlive fails to configure

Chris Jones christopher.rob.jones at cern.ch
Mon Nov 1 10:18:04 PDT 2010

Hi,

The KDE4/QT4 ports are under going what a lot of upheaval at the moment, to move to KDE 4.5.X and QT 4.7.X. kdenlive just hasn't been updated yet to adapt. You've just tried at a bad moment.... No need for the rant below, it doesn't help. Those maintaining the kde4 ports (I'm not one) are doing a great job really.

In a lot of cases the changes required are just to change the line

PortGroup           kde4   1.0

in the Portfile to

PortGroup           kde4   1.1

I suggest you give it a go...