how can I build a universal mdmg of gtk2?

Kevin Layer layer at franz.com
Tue Nov 9 15:05:55 PST 2010

Joshua Root <jmr at macports.org> wrote:

>> > Any ideas on this?
>> > Thanks.
>> >
>> > Kevin
>>
>> Sorry this got lost in the email pile for a while... you're really
>> better off posting to the whole list.
>>
>> Not having seen either the command line you used or your config files, I
>> don't think I would rule out user error yet. If there is a bug involved,
>> we need working steps to reproduce.
>>
>> - Josh

After a lot of back and forth on the cairo mailing list, Andrea
Canciani had the idea of me using

 configure.compiler=gcc-4.2

to force the compiler to gcc 4.2 (from the default of 4.0).  That's
got me past the cairo build.  Hopefully I'll get a x86_64 mdmg that's
good.

I will report back if I don't.

Kevin