how can I build a universal mdmg of gtk2?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Nov 9 15:19:03 PST 2010

On Nov 9, 2010, at 17:05, Kevin Layer wrote:

> After a lot of back and forth on the cairo mailing list, Andrea
> Canciani had the idea of me using
>
> configure.compiler=gcc-4.2
>
> to force the compiler to gcc 4.2 (from the default of 4.0).  That's
> got me past the cairo build.  Hopefully I'll get a x86_64 mdmg that's
> good.
>
> I will report back if I don't.

I expected that would work. We can do that in the portfile for Leopard, but of course Tiger's Xcode does not have a gcc 4.2. So it would be best if the cairo developers would continue to support gcc 4.0, as I believe they have in the past.

Note that we also apparently have a bug in our mpkg implementation which means things won't actually be universal. See:

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/27231