Unable to install x11 ports

Scott Heath Scott_Heath at bonfils.org
Wed Nov 10 11:56:43 PST 2010

I have X11 and Xcode installed, and MacPorts can install some simple unix
software like fortune, but not the x11 stuff.

I am unable to get some of my old favorites like xearth or sunclock to
install properly.  I had them running on my G3 a few years back [via Fink],
but that machine gave up the ghost long ago (and wouldn't have been able to
run an Intel-based OSX anyway).  Now I have a new iMac and am working with
MacPorts, but X11 ports just won't install. I get messages in the install
logs that they can't find files like libXext.

Can anyone here tell me what's wrong?
--
Scott Heath

OSX 10.6.4
X11 XQuartz 2.3.5 (xorg-server 1.4.2-apple53)
MacPorts 1.9.1
xCode 3.2.4 (1708)
--
Scott Heath, Instructional Designer

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information and must be protected in accordance with those provisions.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.