inkscape crashes

Jonathan Stickel jjstickel at vcn.com
Wed Nov 10 07:21:30 PST 2010

On 11/10/10 08:00 , macports-users-request at lists.macosforge.org wrote:
> From: Philip Neukom
> To:macports-users at lists.macosforge.org
> Subject: Re: inkscape crashes
>
> Sorry to hear that you are having problems with the Macports version of
> Inkscape.
>
> If you have to get some work done, then perhaps you could use the
> pre-compiled version fromwww.inkscape.org.(??)
>
> As long as you also install the most recent X11 from XQuartz
> xquartz.macosforge.org you should be good to go.
>
> I've been using this version and it hasn't crashed so far.
>
> Regards,

Yes, I did find the downloadable mac "app" version works OK.  However,
the "textext" extension (and probably other extensions) do not work with
this version since it doesn't know about macports installed libraries
(libxml2 for the case of textext).  It will be nice to have inkscape
working via Macports again after the various bugs are fixed.

Jonathan