creating MacTeX links to MacPorts TeXLive

Faisal Moledina faisal.moledina at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 11:21:53 PST 2010

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 1:24 AM, Dan Ports <dports at macports.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 03:39:30PM -0400, Faisal Moledina wrote:
>> This all sounds great to me. Let me know if there's anything I can
>> help test for this. I'm curious as to why all the binaries are
>> currently in one port?
>
> I just implemented this and checked it in on my texlive 2010 branch.
> You (and anyone else interested in TeX Live 2010) might want to follow
> ticket #26430 for more information:
>  http://trac.macports.org/ticket/26430

I edited the relevant section of the MacTeX postflight script:
http://pastie.org/1290673 . It seems fine to me but if there are any
glaring typos in the ln -s lines referring to directories in
/opt/local, let me know soon. I'll work with Richard to figure out how
to test this on my machine (not really familiar with OS X packages and
postflight scripts).

Faisal