creating MacTeX links to MacPorts TeXLive

Dan Ports dports at macports.org
Thu Nov 11 11:41:13 PST 2010

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 02:21:53PM -0500, Faisal Moledina wrote:
> I edited the relevant section of the MacTeX postflight script:
> http://pastie.org/1290673 . It seems fine to me but if there are any
> glaring typos in the ln -s lines referring to directories in
> /opt/local, let me know soon. I'll work with Richard to figure out how
> to test this on my machine (not really familiar with OS X packages and
> postflight scripts).

You should use /opt/local/libexec/texlive/texbin instead of
/opt/local/libexec/texlive/binaries, as that's the one I made for that
purpose.

And you probably want to symlink /opt/local/var/db/texmf and
/opt/local/etc/texmf into AllTexmf too.

Other than that, it seems reasonable to me, but I really don't know
anything about how MacTeX sets up its symlinks.

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/