inkscape crashes

Jonathan Stickel jjstickel at vcn.com
Fri Nov 12 07:58:43 PST 2010

Thanks for the suggestions.  Those links you gave were for older
versions with different problems.  However, it did give me an idea for
something else to try.  The pre-packaged app version has its own bundled
python modules with broken lxml.  To instead use Macports installed
python, I opened up:

[path to]/Inkscape.app/Contents/Resources/bin/inkscape

which is a shell script, and commented out these lines (near the top):

# Setup PYTHONPATH to use python modules shipped with Inkscape
#ARCH=`arch`
#PYTHON_VERS=`python -V 2>&1 | cut -c 8-10`
#export PYTHONPATH="$TOP/python/site-packages/$ARCH/$PYTHON_VERS"

Now my locally installed textext extension works just fine!

Jonathan

On 11/12/10 08:00 , macports-users-request at lists.macosforge.org wrote:
> Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 16:12:42 -0500
> From: Philip Neukom
> To:macports-users at lists.macosforge.org
> Subject: Re: inkscape crashes
>
> Jonathan, perhaps this can give you some ideas of what to try in the
> interim until the port is fixed:

<snip>