inkscape crashes

~suv suv-sf at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 12 08:43:06 PST 2010

On 12/11/10 16:58, Jonathan Stickel wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestions.  Those links you gave were for older
> versions with different problems.  However, it did give me an idea for
> something else to try.  The pre-packaged app version has its own bundled
> python modules with broken lxml.

The bundled python module is not broken, but it does not include a 64bit
version (only PPC and i386).

Bug #482993 in Inkscape:
“Inkscape extensions do not work on MacOS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)”
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/482993>

was recently fixed. You can download a development snapshot (r9873 or
later) from <http://inkscape.modevia.com/macosx-snap/?C=M;O=D> or wait
for the soon-to-be-released Inkscape 0.48.1 which will include the fix
to make all python-based extensions (including your locally installed
ones in '~/.config/inkscape/extensions') also work with the pre-packaged
app from sf.net on Snow Leopard.

hth, ~suv

p.s. see my earlier message for a workaround to prevent inkscape
installed via MacPorts from crashing immediately or soon after startup:
<http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2010-November/022580.html>