MacPorts vs Mac PATH Conflicts - Best Workaround???

Andrea D'Amore and.damore at macports.org
Sun Nov 14 02:12:53 PST 2010

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 10:59 PM, LeAnne Lis <lisfolks.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> For the moment, I had him put the /opt/local parts at the end of the PATH
> (renamed his .profile and placed a file with the MacPorts paths in
> /etc/paths.d).

Or simply move the ${prefix}/bin part in .profile after $PATH, i.e. from
  export PATH=/opt/local/bin:"$PATH"
  export PATH="$PATH":/opt/local/bin

>  I'm sure this will cause problems with his MacPorts ports,
> though, since it'll try to use the Apple libraries instead.

Binaries rather than libraries, libraries would be affected by other
env variables but any package using pkgconfig should work fine as I
can't see pkgconfig in default system.

--
Andrea