inkscape crashes

Harald Hanche-Olsen hanche at math.ntnu.no
Sun Nov 14 07:48:27 PST 2010

+ ~suv <suv-sf at users.sourceforge.net>:

> That's the issue Jonathan initially asked about, see

Oh, right. Sorry, there are too many issues for my tiny brain to keep
track of.

> The issue seems related to building inkscape or one of the dependencies
> on 64bit operating systems, also described in Bug #672111 in Inkscape:
> “Operations in Fill/Stroke dialog results in SEGV (on a 64bit Mac)”:
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/672111>:
> "(…) problem is in handling of 64bit address in Inkscape or Glib."

Aha. That rings a bell. I do run a 32 bit kernel, but a while back, I
experimented for a short while with a 64 bit kernel. I had to give it
up because there were some applications I need that won't run on a 64
bit kernel. I wonder if I did any port upgrades during the 64 bit
period? That would explain my troubles, then. I have kept a careful
log of all my port upgrade activities, but of course I haven't made a
note of when my 64 bit kernel experiment started and stopped.

Is there an easy way to find out what, if any, ports were built under
a 64 bit kernel? If not, maybe I really need to blow away my entire
ports tree and rebuild. (Ouch.)

- Harald