gnome starter

Keith J. Schultz keithjschultz at web.de
Thu Nov 25 04:03:06 PST 2010

Hi Io,

	I do admit that I have no direct need for gnome, though I do want to try it out.
	I agree with you that there has not been a satisfying answer on how to get gnome
	working through Macports.

	I am trying to figure it out. Maybe someone who has gnome running can post on their setup.

	The way I look at the problem is with dbus and how to get it working under Snow Leopard.
	I had run the the commands listed in port notes dbus. But, evidently, under Snow Leopard
	requires more tweeking than is documented.

	I will post again once I get things running.

	regards
		Keith.