gnome starter

io paolodamessina at libero.it
Thu Nov 25 02:57:51 PST 2010

Thank you for the very detailed answer.
However, I think there is a basic problem regarding ports and, e.g., gnome or kde.
A large part the of would be  Mac port users of gnome are end user as I am, and there is a striking disproportion between the enormous work to port gnome and the lack  and sloppiness of documentation to get it started: all the your suggestion and the other tricks you are lacking of should be transparent to me because they should be encompassed in a well constructed starter shell script  for gnome. Otherwise,  a toy was built to satisfy some personal proudness.