Checksum error

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Nov 28 00:51:32 PST 2010

On Nov 28, 2010, at 02:47, Harald Hanche-Olsen wrote:

> + Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>:
>
>> Please see:
>>
>> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/27465
>
> Ugh. The whole unversioned distfile situation seems awkward, to say the least. Would it be better if macports were to automatically fall back to the distfiles mirror whenever there is a checksum mismatch?

I don't know. We do need to somehow discover that the checksums have changed upstream and that we need to update the portfile correspondingly. Reports of checksum mismatches currently do serve that purpose, if a bit inconveniently (to the user who might just want to install the old version and get on with things). Ideally a maintainer would have livecheck set up properly on his ports, and would be checking the livecheck periodically, but even when I check my ports' livecheck every couple days, curl-ca-bundle is a very prominent port where someone tends to file a ticket within hours of upstream making a change.