kile-devel doesn't start

Thomas Schneider th42sch at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 28 07:18:57 PST 2010

Hi,

I've installed kile-devel via a freshly selfupdated MacPorts 1.9.2 on
Mac OS 10.6.5. Together with other KDE 4 applications it depends on,
kile now sits in

      /Applications/MacPorts/KDE4/ .

When I start kile from Finder, nothing happens --  CPU usage doesn't
even increase.

When I start

      /Applications/MacPorts/KDE4/kile.app/Contents/MacOS/kile

from the command line, the small "Kile 2.1 beta 4" window opens, and I
get a trace that ends in " Stopped   kile.app/Contents/MacOS/kile".
That trace is attached below as Trace 1, and it doesn't contain
anything that looks explicitly like an error to me. In addition,
drkonqi is opened. It tells me:

"We are sorry, Kile closed unexpectedly. [...] Details: Executable:
kile PID: 538 Signal: 6 (Abort trap)"

When I now click on the tab "Developer Information", which is supposed
to generate an error log, it says "Generating backtrace..." forever --
even after 2 hours, the backtrace is still in gray and doesn't grow,
although the progress wheel is still spinning. Consequently, I cannot
scroll the backtrace nor copy-and-paste it. I do get more output on
the command line at this time, see Trace 2 below. When I click on
"Close", I get " drkonqi(541) BacktraceGenerator::~BacktraceGenerator:
Killing running debugger instance" on the command line and later:
"QProcess: Destroyed while process is still running."

It seems to me as if there were two independent problems -- one with
Kile not starting, the other with drkonqi not finishing the backtrace
generation. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I could try to
get a more precise error description? Which log files could I consult,
for example?

Cheers

Thomas

Trace 1

objc[538]: Class QCocoaColorPanelDelegate is implemented in both /opt/
local/lib/libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/
Versions/4/QtGui. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[538]: Class QMacSoundDelegate is implemented in both /opt/local/
lib/libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/
4/QtGui. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[538]: Class QCocoaPanel is implemented in both /opt/local/lib/
libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/
QtGui. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.objc[538]:
Class QCocoaView is implemented in both /opt/local/lib/libQtGui.
4.dylib and /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui. One
of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[538]: Class QCocoaWindow is implemented in both /opt/local/lib/
libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/
QtGui. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[538]: Class QCocoaWindowDelegate is implemented in both /opt/
local/lib/libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/
Versions/4/QtGui. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[538]: Class QCocoaMenuLoader is implemented in both /opt/local/
lib/libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/
4/QtGui. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[538]: Class QNSApplication is implemented in both /opt/local/lib/
libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/
QtGui. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[538]: Class QCocoaApplicationDelegate is implemented in both /opt/
local/lib/libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/
Versions/4/QtGui. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[538]: Class QCocoaWindowCustomThemeFrame is implemented in both /
opt/local/lib/libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/
Versions/4/QtGui. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[538]: Class QCocoaToolBarDelegate is implemented in both /opt/
local/lib/libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/
Versions/4/QtGui. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[538]: Class QCocoaMenu is implemented in both /opt/local/lib/
libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/
QtGui. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[538]: Class QNSOpenSavePanelDelegate is implemented in both /opt/
local/lib/libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/
Versions/4/QtGui. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[538]: Class QCocoaFontPanelDelegate is implemented in both /opt/
local/lib/libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/
Versions/4/QtGui. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[538]: Class QNSWindowProxy is implemented in both /opt/local/lib/
libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/
QtGui. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[538]: Class QNSPanelProxy is implemented in both /opt/local/lib/
libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/
QtGui. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[538]: Class QCocoaPageLayoutDelegate is implemented in both /opt/
local/lib/libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/
Versions/4/QtGui. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[538]: Class QCocoaPrintPanelDelegate is implemented in both /opt/
local/lib/libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/
Versions/4/QtGui. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[538]: Class QNSMenu is implemented in both /opt/local/lib/
libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/
QtGui. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[538]: Class QNSStatusItem is implemented in both /opt/local/lib/
libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/
QtGui. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[538]: Class QNSImageView is implemented in both /opt/local/lib/
libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/
QtGui. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
kile(538)/kdeui (KIconLoader)
KSharedDataCache::Private::mapSharedMemory: Failed to establish shared
memory mapping, will fallback to private memory -- memory usage will
increase
kile(538)/kdecore (KLibrary) findLibraryInternal: plugins should not
have a 'lib' prefix: "libkonsolepart.so"
QWidget: Must construct a QApplication before a QPaintDevice
KCrash: Application 'kile' crashing...
KCrash: Attempting to start /opt/local/lib/kde4/libexec/drkonqi.app/
Contents/MacOS/drkonqi from kdeinit
Warning: Path of socketfile exceeds UNIX_PATH_MAX.
KCrash: Attempting to start /opt/local/lib/kde4/libexec/drkonqi.app/
Contents/MacOS/drkonqi directly
drkonqi(541)/kdeui (KIconLoader)
KSharedDataCache::Private::mapSharedMemory: Failed to establish shared
memory mapping, will fallback to private memory -- memory usage will
increase

Trace 2

/Applications/MacPorts/KDE4/538: No such file or directory

warning: Could not find object file "/opt/local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync
.macports.org_release_ports_archivers_bzip2/work/bzip2-1.0.6/
blocksort.o" - no debug information available for "blocksort.c".

warning: Could not find object file "/opt/local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync
.macports.org_release_ports_archivers_bzip2/work/bzip2-1.0.6/
huffman.o" - no debug information available for "huffman.c".

warning: Could not find object file "/opt/local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync
.macports.org_release_ports_archivers_bzip2/work/bzip2-1.0.6/
crctable.o" - no debug information available for "crctable.c".

warning: Could not find object file "/opt/local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync
.macports.org_release_ports_archivers_bzip2/work/bzip2-1.0.6/
randtable.o" - no debug information available for "randtable.c".

warning: Could not find object file "/opt/local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync
.macports.org_release_ports_archivers_bzip2/work/bzip2-1.0.6/
compress.o" - no debug information available for "compress.c".

warning: Could not find object file "/opt/local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync
.macports.org_release_ports_archivers_bzip2/work/bzip2-1.0.6/
decompress.o" - no debug information available for "decompress.c".

warning: Could not find object file "/opt/local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync
.macports.org_release_ports_archivers_bzip2/work/bzip2-1.0.6/bzlib.o"
- no debug information available for "bzlib.c".