kile-devel doesn't start

Thomas Schneider th42sch at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 28 11:42:06 PST 2010

Thanks for the summary Thibaut. The permissions for ~/Library/
Preferences/KDE were ok but, to be safe, I reran the command suggested
by the compilation output. To no avail unfortunately ...

More observations: after a complete restart, I can see dbus-daemon
running in Activity Monitor, but no kuiserver. After running kile from
the symbol, I can also see kdeinit4 and "KDE Daemon", but no kile or
kuiserver. A second doubleclick on kile doesn't change anything.

When I run kuiserver from the symbol or from the command line, it
opens as an app that has as an icon an empty page with a question
mark, and the only menu item is "kuiserver". It shows up in Activity
Monitor with an empty name. No error messages whatsoever. Starting
kile afterwards doesn't succeed either.

If that gives a clue: when I issue "launchctl load -w /Library/
LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist" right after a
restart, I get "org.freedesktop.dbus-session: Already loaded". The
similar "launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.freedesktop.dbus-
system.plist" goes through without complaint.

Where do I have to look for more precise information on what's going
wrong?

Cheers

Thomas