kile-devel doesn't start

Thibaut Cousin informatique at thibaut-cousin.net
Sun Nov 28 08:41:17 PST 2010

Le 28 nov. 2010 à 16:18, Thomas Schneider a écrit :
> I've installed kile-devel via a freshly selfupdated MacPorts 1.9.2 on Mac OS 10.6.5. Together with other KDE 4 applications it depends on, kile now sits in
>
>     /Applications/MacPorts/KDE4/ .
>
> When I start kile from Finder, nothing happens --  CPU usage doesn't even increase.
>
> When I start
>
>     /Applications/MacPorts/KDE4/kile.app/Contents/MacOS/kile
>
> from the command line, the small "Kile 2.1 beta 4" window opens, and I get a trace that ends in " Stopped   kile.app/Contents/MacOS/kile". That trace is attached below as Trace 1, and it doesn't contain anything that looks explicitly like an error to me. In addition, drkonqi is opened. It tells me:
>
> "We are sorry, Kile closed unexpectedly. [...] Details: Executable: kile PID: 538 Signal: 6 (Abort trap)"

  I made a fresh install just last week, and I do not have this problem, but I had to follow a couple of steps to have kile-devel working :

1) I had to change the authorizations on ~/Library/Preferences/KDE, as suggested by a message in the compilation output. Nothing would start without this, even without any previous installation.

2) I had to start it twice. The first time only kuiserver started (if I remember correctly). I quit it and relaunched Kile, and then everything was fine.

--
Thibaut Cousin