kile-devel doesn't start

Thomas Schneider th42sch at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 29 06:08:05 PST 2010

On 29.11.2010, at 14:54, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Nov 29, 2010, at 07:32, Thomas Schneider wrote:
>
>> On 29.11.2010, at 01:16, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>>> Where did /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework come from? MacPorts doesn't put that there. Perhaps you put it there yourself.
>>
>> Nope. I tried to install Kile from different sources (Fink, source archive) before, with different errors along the way. One of these approaches also required installing the latest version of Qt via Nokia as mentioned by Michael. I definitely didn't fiddle with the Library myself.
>
> Ok, installing Qt from Nokia probably put these there, as Michael suggested.

Well, I'm sorry that this is now difficult to sort out, but I really couldn't tell in the first place that the different sources would interfere with each other.

> Remove /Library/Frameworks/phonon.framework as well.

This yields:

$ kile.app/Contents/MacOS/kile
dyld: Library not loaded: phonon.framework/Versions/4/phonon
  Referenced from: /opt/local/lib/libkhtml.5.dylib
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap

> Remove all the Qt frameworks. I don't know what the remaining 11 are since I haven't seen their names.

Same as above. The Qt frameworks formerly in /Library/Frameworks, now in a different location, are:

Qt3Support.framework
QtAssistant.framework
QtCore.framework
QtDBus.framework
QtDeclarative.framework
QtDesigner.framework
QtDesignerComponents.framework
QtGui.framework
QtHelp.framework
QtMultimedia.framework
QtNetwork.framework
QtOpenGL.framework
QtScript.framework
QtScriptTools.framework
QtSql.framework
QtSvg.framework
QtTest.framework
QtWebKit.framework
QtXml.framework
QtXmlPatterns.framework
phonon.framework

The frameworks remaining in /Library/Frameworks all have to do with other applications:

GHC.framework
HPDeviceModel.framework
HPPml.framework
HPServicesInterface.framework
HPSmartPrint.framework
HaskellPlatform.framework
MacFUSE.framework
TSLicense.framework
WesternDigital
cisco-vpnclient.framework
gecode.framework

> Linking to things in /System/Library/Frameworks is normal and expected. Linking to things in /Library/Frameworks may be problematic. (Or it may not, if that framework was installed by MacPorts.)

OK.

Is it indicated to start completely from scratch, i.e.:

* completely get rid of the previous Qt installation,
* completely erase the Fink installation including all installed packages and their entries in the Library and similar places,
* probably do the same for MacPorts, and
* start from a fresh MacPorts installation?

If so, how do I clean up properly after Qt, Fink, and MacPorts?

Cheers

Thomas