kile-devel doesn't start

Thomas Schneider th42sch at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 29 06:52:23 PST 2010

On 29.11.2010, at 15:08, Thomas Schneider wrote:

> Is it indicated to start completely from scratch, i.e.:
>
> * completely get rid of the previous Qt installation,
> * completely erase the Fink installation including all installed packages and their entries in the Library and similar places,
> * probably do the same for MacPorts, and
> * start from a fresh MacPorts installation?
>
> If so, how do I clean up properly after Qt, Fink, and MacPorts?

OK, I had another look at the Fink and MacPorts documentation, and it seems that removing /sw (for Fink), uninstalling Qt, deleting the 20 Qt frameworks, and following MacPorts' uninstalling directions at http://guide.macports.org/#installing.macports.uninstalling should suffice for a complete cleanup. I'll do this during the next couple of days and then let you know if it was successful.

Thanks for pointing to what seems to be the source of the problem.

Thomas