Messed up Perl

Hal Vaughan hal at halblog.com
Sun Oct 3 11:55:10 PDT 2010

I never realized this until now, and this is a major screw up for me because I *have* to get a Perl script done to download 233 web pages of quotes so I can search them to get taxes done before my extension runs out.  In other words, help on this is deeply appreciated since I'm in a bad fix.

I just found out that on my iMac, the "perl" command is now /opt/local/bin/perl and not /usr/bin/perl.  Now maybe that's not a big issue, since I have a kerbang at the start of all my scripts, but there's more of a problem.

I ran CPAN to install WWW::Mechanize and it's in /opt/local/libs/perl5/site_perl and I can't include them in my script with "use WWW::Mechanize."

So how do I either return Perl to "normal" so my Mac uses the regular Perl all the time, or make Perl use the modules in /opt/local/libs/perl5/site_perl?

Any help appreciated.

Hal