cmake mysql5

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sun Oct 3 10:54:18 PDT 2010

On 10/03/2010 06:39 PM, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
> Any tips on helping cmake find mysql.h?
>
> I'm using cmake portgroup. I see cmake has env vars to play with, just
> thinking maybe someone already worked with cmake and mysql5.

Which software is this?

Usually there is some file like cmake/FindMySQL.cmake which is a module
for cmake. This would describe how to find MySQL headers and libraries.
But the build system might call FIND_LIBRARY() or FIND_PACKAGE()
directly from the main CMakeLists.txt as well.

Otherwise it might do this in some other place, for example look for
MYSQL_INCLUDE_DIR and MYSQL_LIBRARY, which would be typical names for
such variables. In this case, you can usually instruct cmake to use
specific paths:
  configure.args-append \
      -DMYSQL_INCLUDE_DIR=${prefix}/include/mysql5 \
      -DMYSQL_LIBRARY=${prefix}/lib/libmysql5.dylib

(or whatever correct paths would be...)

HTH,
Rainer